Friday, March 25, 2011

Review: Rango (2011)

A finely crafted animated film that kept me amused and mesmerized at the same time. Visually the movie was creative, unique and horribly well done. It goes without saying that Johnny Depp is a classy classy gentleman and one would expect any character he were to portray to be well developed and entertaining. The same could be said about almost any character in this film. They were all thoughtfully created and well developed from looks to personality. Although the plot was seemingly basic, the writing was what set the movie apart. The dialogue was both engaging and highly amusing. Throughout the movie, my friend Captain Squiggletits and I continually looked at each other in amazement at some of the more adult jokes and themes. All of which amused me greatly. I would definitely say this movie was quite different and distinct in comparison to the typical animated movie we are used to. I would have no hesitation in recommending anyone see this movie. My only complaint may have been the length of the movie but that may just be because I often become narcoleptic in theaters. I give it a solid 7/10.

No comments: